Do you have a well on your property? If so, that’s great news and congratulations! Not only does that put you in control of your own water supply, but it’s also a powerful symbol of freedom and independence. After all, how free are you, really, if you’re totally dependent on a corporation or government agency to supply you with one of the basic resources you need to live?
That freedom comes at a price though, because if you’re in control of your water supply, that also means you’re responsible for its maintenance. You take care of it, and it will take care of you. So here’s a question: How long has it been since you had your well water tested? Do you know what’s in the water you and your family are drinking?
It’s something that’s easy to overlook. After all, most people don’t think about their water supply until there’s a problem with it, but by then, somebody in your family has likely already gotten sick. Here’s why our Manassas VA well water testing is so important, and why it’s one of our most-demanded services:
1) It allows you to be proactive. It gives families tremendous peace of mind that their water supply is safe.
2) If a problem starts to develop, regular testing will allow you to catch the issue while it’s still in its formative stages, allowing you to take corrective action before it becomes a health risk.
3) If you’ve had problems before, then continued Manassas VA well water testing at regular intervals will allow you to check behind yourself and make sure your corrective actions worked, and that no further action is needed.
4) Regular testing also allows you to spot trends over time that might be difficult to pick up on otherwise.
Our Manassas VA well water testing service is robust and covers just about anything you could imagine. Of course, our most basic test is the water potability test, which simply ensures that your water supply is safe to drink. Depending on your specific needs though, you may want some additional tests as well. Here are a few others to consider:
- The coliform bacteria test – this checks for and measures the number and types of microorganisms you’ve got living in your water, some of which could pose a potential health hazard.
- The total dissolved fluids test – Just like microorganisms can find their way into your water supply, so too can a variety of inorganic substances. This test catalogs them, and gives you a read on what quantities they’re present.
- The fluoride test – Fluoride is actually good for you, but too much of it can cause dental problems in the long run.
Our recommendation is to have testing performed at least once a year. If it’s been a while since you had your well tested, give us a call and we’ll take care of it.