Having a well on your property and being in control of your own water supply is tremendously important and a big step toward independence. After all, given that the human body can only survive for a matter of days without water, how free and independent are you if you’re beholden to someone else for your supply of water? Not very, unfortunately.
Even if you have a well though, that’s not the end of the story. In fact, it’s just the beginning. How do you know if your water supply is safe to drink? That’s why Fauquier County VA well water testing is so important. We offer a variety of testing services that can give you an in-depth picture of exactly what’s in your water, what’s changed about it, and how safe it is, and that gives you tremendous peace of mind.
Our recommendation is that you take advantage of our Fauquier County VA well water testing services at least once a year, though note that if you get you water close to the surface via a shallow well, a spring-fed system, or the like, you’ll probably want to have testing performed even more frequently, say, at six-month intervals.
Here’s why it matters:
- First and foremost, you want to ensure that your water supply is actually safe for human and animal consumption. Your well isn’t going to do you much good if that isn’t the case.
- Second, you want to be in a position to quickly identify any existing or emerging problems because as we said earlier, you can’t survive for very long without potable water. It needs to be safe, and you need to know that it is.
- Third, if a problem was found previously and you took steps to correct it, you want to be able to track how effective that fix was to be sure that no further action is needed.
- And finally, regular testing allows you to track the changes in the composition of your water over time, which allows you to spot longer term trends.
Our Fauquier County VA well water testing is comprehensive and we offer a variety of different tests including:
- Basic Water Potability test – this is the most common type of testing we do, and is designed to ensure that your well water is safe for human and animal consumption.
- Total Dissolved Solids test – This is a measure of how many inorganic substances are in your water supply and what types they are.
- Fluoride test – Fluoride is an essential micronutrient, but if it’s present in concentrations that are too high, it can cause dental problems
- Coliform bacteria test – This checks for the presence of microorganisms in the water that are potential hazardous to your health.
If you’re not sure when the last time you well was tested the safe play is to assume you’re overdue. Give our office a call today!