Do you know that when you or any other household member consumes contaminated well-water, it can cause serious health issues? Such health defects may include:
- Acute and chronic toxicity
- Organ (liver, kidney, and brain) damage
- Intestinal damage
Those are some of the common well water concerns in Broad Run, VA. However, testing your water enables you to deal with any problem that may exist in your water supply. Whether your well water is meant for use by humans, livestock, or plants, testing yearly will help you know more about your well water’s condition. You also get to understand how to fix any detected issues earlier.
Other common well water concerns in Broad Run VA that professionals like the SES Company check when testing your water include:
- Coliform bacteria: The test looks for microorganisms known to be harmful to humans.
- Nitrate: This mineral can be a huge problem where there are lots of agricultural activities. High nitrate concentrations can be particularly detrimental to pregnant women and infants.
- Sulfate: We test for sulfate because too much sulfate in your water might cause you to have digestive issues, gastrointestinal discomfort, and other problems like diarrhea.
- Fluoride: We test for fluoride to ensure it’s not in excessive amounts. In small amounts, it’s good for your teeth, but too much of it may damage your teeth.
- Dissolved solids: This tests for the whole amount of inorganic substances available in your well water. Mostly, if you don’t enjoy consuming your well water, it could be due to high levels of dissolved solids.
- Other ions: We test for ions not because they’re essentially bad for your health but because they’re bad for your water. Magnesium, chloride, and other ions make your water smell and taste bad.
- Basic portability: The test checks whether your water meets minimum levels for water minerals such as nitrates, sodium, chloride, iron, and total dissolved solids. This test also looks for water PH levels and finds out the level of your water’s hardness.
Why It’s Necessary to Check for the Common Well Water Concerns in Broad Run VA Frequently
- It enables you to notice any changes in your water supply. Thus, you can detect if there are more contaminants than before. You can also find out the reasons for such a situation, hence finding a solution.
- It allows you to know how effective your present water treatment regimen is.
- It’s the best way to ensure safe human and animal water consumption.
- When it comes to selling your house and property, you can show potential buyers the records of your annual well-water testing. This will assure them that the well is in good form, hence boosting the chances of the sale of your property. Moreover, if you want to buy a property that has a private well, you’ll also want to see the yearly water test records. If the present owner has not been doing the recommended annual tests of the well-water quality, you might have to request one before signing the agreement.
Talk to Us: We Are Here for You
SES professionals can install a water treatment and disinfection system on your private well. We can also do the installation for a public water supply. We do this to ensure the water you consume is 100% safe. Afterward, we can agree on the recommended annual water testing.
Since 1987, we have satisfied the needs of thousands of clients like you with other services like:
- Soil interpretations
- Environmental investigations
- Septic-drain field designs
- Decentralized wastewater systems and stormwater management services
Visit our website now and schedule your appointment with us. Our team is ready to help you.