Petroleum tank removal – how do you know when it has to go? Here are some things to consider.
- How old is your petroleum tank? Tanks installed before the late 90’s have a life expectancy of 15-20 years.
- Did an inspection show a leak?
- Does your above ground petroleum tank have pitting or corrosion?
- Did you have an unexpected increase in the amount of heating oil used? Unexpected increases may indicate a leak in your home oil tank.
- Are you preparing to sell your home? Realtors can tell you that a home with a petroleum tank takes longer to sell, and often sells for less.
For more information on petroleum tank removal in Fairfax, VA, or to discuss other solutions to an oil tank on your property including petroleum tank removal, contact SES. Serving Fairfax VA, the rest of Northern Virginia and Washington DC residential and commercial markets since 1987, SES specializes in testing and safely removing above- and below-ground petroleum tanks.