Tanks installed before the late 90’s have a life expectancy of 15-20 years. How do you know when you need petroleum tank removal in Fairfax County VA?
- Check the age of your petroleum tank.
- Have your petroleum tank inspected every year
- Inspect indoor above-ground oil storage tanks for signs of pitting and corrosion, particularly at the bottom of the tank. Residential oil tanks primarily rust from the inside out, so if signs of aging are present, replace the tank.
- At least every 10 years, have the oil tank cleaned out. Over time, water (from condensation) and sludge can cause corrosion, resulting in leaks.
- Retain all oil delivery receipts. Keep them handy so you can track your oil demand. Unexpected increases may indicate a leak in your home oil tank.
- Place a plastic heating oil tray or pan under the oil storage tank, and replace the fuel delivery line with one encased in a protective sleeve. The pan or tray will make it easier to keep the tank area clean and help identify and contain small leaks.
For more information on petroleum tank removal Fairfax County VA , or to discuss other solutions to an oil tank on your property including petroleum tank removal, contact Soils and Environmental Services, Inc. Serving Fairfax County VA, the rest of Northern Virginia and Washington DC residential and commercial markets since 1987, Soils and Environmental Services, specializes in testing and safely removing above- and below-ground oil tanks.