Homeowners with septic tanks in Warrenton VA: be careful where you put that pool and the water from it.
Research shows that, to prevent problems with drainfields, pools should be placed at least 25 feet away from the drainfield. Put that pool any closer, and you can have the following problems:
- Damage to the drainfield
- A reduction of effluent absorption into the drainfield
- Water could be redirected onto and flood the drainfield
- The drainfield effluent could leak out to the ground surface around the swimming pool
- During the pool installation or construction process, keep any heavy machinery far away from the drainfield.
- While the pool is open and in use, be sure that any pool water runoff goes away from the septic field.
- When cleaning or closing the pool, never empty the pool onto the drainfield.
If homeowners with septic tanks in Warrenton VA have questions about swimming pools – or problems with their drainfield after adding a pool – they should contact the experts at SES Mid Atlantic LLC.