If you are new to owning a home or business with a septic tank, here are 5 things you need to know about septic tank pumping in Warrenton VA.
- By law, septic tank pumping must be done at least every 5 years by the licensed contractor.
- Tank, family size, and whether or not you have a garbage disposal can affect your septic tank pumping schedule in Warrenton VA. For instance, a family of 4 with a 1,500-gallon tank (but without a garbage disposal) will probably need to have septic tank pumping done every four years. But if that same family uses a garbage disposal, the amount of solids in the wastewater doubles, so the tank needs to be pumped every two years.
- Medications and medical conditions affect the schedule of septic tank pumping. Patients undergoing chemotherapy, home kidney dialysis, or are on long term antibiotics or steroids should notify their septic tank pumping company, and ask about an altered septic tank pumping schedule.
- Septic tank additives do not alter the timing or need for septic tank pumping in Warrenton VA. Regardless of what you see in TV or internet ads, the additives are literally money down the toilet.
- With proper care and maintenance (including timely septic tank pumping) your septic system could last 25-30 years in Warrenton VA, before it needs to be replaced.
If you have any questions about septic tank pumping in Warrenton VA, please call SES Mid Atlantic LLC., SES offers 24-hour emergency response for septic system malfunctions. We’ve been inspecting, servicing, maintaining and repairing septic systems for residential and commercial customers in Northern Virginia since 1987.