Septic tank pumping should be a common activity for homeowners who live in the rural areas of Leesburg, Aldie, and Middleburg, Lovettsville or any other city in the Loudoun County, VA area. If you want to keep your septic system working properly near Loudoun County, VA, you must be sure to have a septic tank pumping done on a regular schedule as part of the septic maintenance. This is where we can help. SES Mid Atlantic, servicing the Loudoun County, VA area, is fully equipped to help you with all your septic tank pumping needs to keep it in working condition.
How is a Septic Tank Pumped and Cleaned Near Loudoun County, VA?
- Locate the septic tank. If you do not know the location of your septic tank at your home in Loudoun County, VA area, we can locate it for you by using a metal detector or metal probe. Sometimes a transmitting locator may be necessary to use if the septic tank is hard to find or if it is located under a deck or patio.
- Uncover the septic tank lid(s). Most septic tank lids are only buried about one foot below the surface, so all that is usually required is a shovel. If it is buried three or more feet deep, an excavator may be needed. You may have one or two lids that need to be exposed depending on the age of your system. Most newer homes have two compartment tanks, and both lids need to be exposed so both sides can be pumped and cleaned.
- Check the liquid levels. It is important to observe the levels during your septic tank pumping. A low septic tank level could indicate a leak in the tank; whereas, a high septic tank level could indicate a problem with the drainfield.
- Pump out the tank. A vacuum truck will then suck out the liquids and solids from the septic tank through a hose. If the solids in the tank are too thick, the operator may have to break down the solids by running extra water into the tank and use a shovel to push them towards the vacuum hose to pump them out. Occasionally, if it has been a long time since your last septic tank pumping, the solids are too hard that they cannot be broken down.
- Cover the septic tank lid back up. After the operator finishes the septic tank pumping and cleaning out the septic tank, he will put the lid back on and cover the tank back up. He will note the location of your tank on the work order or with a septic lid marker so that the next time they will know your septic tank’s location.
- The waste will then be taken to a treatment plant where the truck will be emptied.
Having your septic system pumped at your home in the Loudoun County, VA area is the homeowner’s responsibility. Properly maintaining a septic system by having frequent septic tank pumpings will protect the investment of your home. If you fail to have your septic tank pumped at your home near Loudoun County, VA, you could end up having a major backup in your home, causing extensive damage inside as well as outside.
If your septic system ever fails, you could be looking at costly repairs or even having to replace your entire septic system which could cost you thousands of dollars. An unusable septic system or one that is not adequately performing will lower your property value in the Loudoun County, VA area and could pose a legal liability.
Our company, SES Mid Atlantic, has licensed professional septic tank pumping operators who would be glad to come to your home in Ashburn, Sterling, Chantilly or any other city in the Loudoun County, VA area to handle your septic tank pumping for you. We have been in business since 1987 and are equipped to handle any situation that could arise should we run into a clogged drain or a damaged drainfield, we can fix it for you.
Please don’t hesitate to call us for any septic system problem you may have or if you just simply want to talk to one of our professionals over the phone, we would be glad to help answer any of your questions.