A “perc test” refers to a soil test to determine the suitability of the land for a sewage disposal system (septic system).
This may also be called a ‘perk test’. A perc test is a hole about 8 inches in diameter and a couple of feet deep with gravel or sand in the bottom. Water is added, and then the rate of drop is measured. This will show the soils ability to handle a septic system.
A perc test can limit the number of bathrooms or bedrooms in a residence or could the maximum number of occupants.
Do you have property with one or more of the following limitations or needs? No problem for SES!
- Limited Area
- Steep slopes
- Shallow, rocky, clayey, wet or sandy soils
- High groundwater
- Sites where the current system has failed
- Coastal Areas where nutrient removal is required
- Commercial Properties like Restaurants & Schools
- Subdivision and Communal Systems
Call SES today at 1-866-249-5630 and leave your Perc Testing worries in Fairfax, VA to us.