Perhaps you are newly employed to work on a Warrenton VA new home building. A friend or colleague informs you that the property owner needs an SAP inspection to build a new home in Warrenton, VA, before the building work begins. You’re now left confused, wondering what happens when one needs an SAP inspection.
Please note that the local building officials need to confirm that the property’s sewage system was installed in agreement with the regulation in effect during the time of its installation. This is when they shall approve the request as “safe, adequate and proper” (SAF). This means that the property complies with the current regulations for new building requests associated with human occupation.
In cases where there’s no adequate information to conclude that the sewage system agrees with the current regulations, the situation will involve features such as:
- Unknown depth to limiting features
- Unknown depth of system installation
The staff can also determine that the sewage system does not conform to the current regulations. So, in scenarios where there’s no adequate information to conclude that the sewage system is in line with the current rules or does not conform to the current regulations, the staff should approve the new building request as ‘nonconforming.’
Approval will only be documented if:
- The sewage system is not failing
- The system’s installation is in line with the regulation effected at the time of its installation
- There’s no rise in effluent flow or strength
- The sewage system can be projected to function correctly.
Can You Be Exempted from the SAP Inspection?
Yes, the staff might consider an exemption from the inspection when:
- The owner has operation and maintenance records for the past 5 years of the appeal for a building permit.
- The owner reports that the recognized system components may cause some damages to system components
- The property owner has detailed field measurements for the septic tank’s location and distribution box.
- Other factors outweigh the benefits of inspecting the system components.
- Other facts clearly point out that inspecting the system components is not essential. Such facts may include when:
- The sewage system is not older than 5 years
- The tank was recently pumped
- There exist accurate records regarding the system
Do You Need an SAP Inspection to Build a New Home in Warrenton, VA? Talk to Us
When you want to set up a new building in your property, SES professionals offer timely septic system inspections as recommended by the Virginia Department of Health.
We are a professional septic service company founded in1987. Thus far, we are proud of our excellent record in offering outstanding services.
We are committed to continuing with such remarkable services for both residential and commercial clients.
Contact us via our website for the help you need!