A new home septic inspection in Vint Hill Farms, VA, is crucial for your health and that of your family. That’s why potential or new homeowners should make sure they schedule an appointment with professionals like those at SES for an inspection. Do not be one of those who wait until something goes wrong with the system to call in the experts for assessment.
Once you call in the SES professionals for a septic system inspection in the new property, one critical thing they will check is the baffle. Perhaps you are trying to wonder what baffle is. It consists of steel, concrete, or fiberglass and forms part of the septic system’s vital components.
It serves to adequately slow down wastewater movement to guarantee the sufficient refinement of solids and hinder their discharge into the drainsfield. Ultimately, it should lead to the soil’s quality absorption and lengthen the septic system’s years of operation.
Professional Septic System Inspection is Critical for Newly-Acquired Homes
Whenever SES professionals visit you for a new home septic inspection in Vint Hill Farms, VA, they will most likely verify the baffles for the following crucial matters:
- Detection of solids that might be seen covering the baffle: This is an urgent issue that requires immediate intervention. Usually, it signifies system overflow
- Sewage level should be some inches below the baffle peak; any level below 3-inches implies an outflow, while a higher level signifies blockage.
- Erosion that could emanate from the chemicals present, and also water flow
- Indication of preceding instances of overflow
Important Things You May Learn from Septic System Experts
- You should never drive a car on or close to the drainfield. Usually, the car’s weight can accidentally damage the system underneath piping.
- Restrain from planting any tree above the septic tank. Roots and huge shrubs can lead to invisible damages. Nevertheless, you can plant grass if you wish.
- Never allow any building or digging activity above the drainfield.
- You should only flush bath tissue down the toilet; and let other substances like paper towels, cigarette butts, diapers, and tampons go into the trash.
- Commonly used chemicals in homes such as paints, pesticides, and gasoline can harm the septic system’s bacteria; hence, you should neither flush nor dump them down the drain. Detergents and bleach entering the septic system in moderate amounts are allowed, but an excess of the same can cause regrettable damages.
SES Professionals will Inspect and Maintain Your New Home System’s Functionality
Anytime you let the top-rated SES Company conduct your new home septic inspection in Vint Hill Farms, VA, you are guaranteed that your sewage system will align with the state and local regulations.
For 34 years now, we have served thousands of clients. We will be happy to serve you, too, and help you maintain the functionality of your septic system, as well as realize its long-term worth.
Call us now for a professional inspection!