Although Fairfax is an urban area, many homes still use a septic tank. If you have a home that uses a Fairfax VA septic tank, there are some things you can do to help the septic tank function correctly.
- Be careful of what chemicals you pour down the drain.
- Be sure you know ‘where’ the septic tank is.
- Look around the septic tank for excessive dampness or even sewage at surface level. This can mean a failing septic system.
- Have the system inspected.
- Most septic systems will need to be pumped at some point. Maintain the records so you can predict the interval.
- Protect the system – don’t plant trees on top of the septic system
If you have any concerns about your Fairfax VA Septic Tank – give SES a call, we will be glad to check the system and let you know what is going on.