If you’ve recently purchased an older home, be aware that you may have a buried fuel storage tank somewhere on your new property. While many tanks are aboveground, a surprising percentage were buried for one reason or another, and if you don’t even know it exists, then you can’t know what condition it’s in.
That’s a problem because if there’s any fuel in the tank, and its integrity has been compromised, then the fuel is leaching into the soil and creating an environmental hazard that poses a very real risk to you family’s health.
The good news is that we can provide you with a free underground tank survey for no charge. Then, if we find an underground tank, we’ll be happy to provide our petroleum tank inspection service on your Manassas Park, VA property for a modest fee.
Our inspection will reveal one of two basic facts: Either your tank will prove to be in good condition, or we’ll discover that its integrity has been compromised. If our petroleum tank inspection on your Manassas Park, VA property reveals the former, then we recommend the following as next steps:
- Permit us to install a monitoring pipe next to the tank. This will ensure that all future inspections are faster and more efficient.
- Schedule the next petroleum tank inspection on your Manassas Park, VA property as soon as we’ve completed your current inspection. This automates the process and gives you one less thing to remember.
- Keep detailed records of your fuel purchases and consumption. Keep a watchful eye out for any signs of increased consumption.
- Check your fuel filters twice a year and keep a watchful eye out for signs of moisture. If you detect any moisture, be sure to contact us right away.
- And if you detect petroleum odors, contact us immediately.
If we do detect a leak in your tank, you’ll need to contact the state’s Department of Environmental Quality within twenty-four hours of its discovery. From there, if you contract with us, we’ll handle the tank’s removal, the remediation of the site, and its restoration. In addition to that, we’ll represent you and work with all relevant regulatory agencies until your case is closed.
It doesn’t pay to take any chances where your fuel storage tank is concerned. If you’re not sure when your last inspection was, the safe bet is to assume that it’s time and contact us right away so we can schedule a visit out to your property to take care of it for you.
Since we first opened our doors, we’ve helped hundreds of families in the area, and we’d love to add you to our growing family of satisfied customers. Call us today.