Do you own a convenience store, a mid-sized farm with a need for large amounts of fuel, or a home that relies on some type of liquid fuel for home heating? If so, then your fuel is stored in one or more tanks on your property.
In many cases, those tanks are aboveground, but a surprising percentage of the time, you’ll find that they are buried. In either case, we recommend an annual petroleum tank inspection on your Fauquier County, VA property to ensure that the tank’s integrity has not been compromised.
If it has been compromised, then it’s hurting you in two different ways. First, it’s hurting you economically because you’re spending your hard-earned money to fill the tank up, and you’re losing a portion of the fuel.
Second, when a portion of your fuel leaches out of the tank, it gets into your soil, creating an environmental hazard on your property that poses a genuine health risk to you and your family.
Of course, it’s entirely possible that when we perform our petroleum tank inspection on your Fauquier County, VA property we’ll find that your tank is just fine. If that’s the case, we recommend the following as next steps:
- Permit us to install a small monitoring pipe beside your tank. This will ensure that all future petroleum tank inspections on your Fauquier County, VA property are faster and more efficient.
- Allow us to put your future inspections on a schedule so you’ve got one less thing to worry about and remember.
- Check your fuel filters twice a year, staying on the lookout for the presence of moisture. If you detect any moisture, call us right away.
- Keep accurate records of your fuel purchases and consumption. Here, be on the lookout for signs of increased fuel consumption.
- And finally, contact us right away if you detect petroleum odors.
In the event we discover that your tank is leaking, you’ll need to contact the state’s Department of Environmental Quality within 24 hours of the discovery of the leak. From there, if you contract with us, we’ll handle the tank’s removal, the remediation effort, and we’ll restore your property to its prior condition. In addition to that, we’ll represent you and work with all regulatory agencies until your case is closed.
Your home’s fuel storage tank is too important to take any chances with. If you even suspect you’re having an issue with your tank, or if you’re past due for an inspection, just give our office a call. Over the years, we’ve helped hundreds of people in the area with similar issues, and we’d be honored to add you to our growing family of satisfied customers.