Do you have a fuel tank on your property you rely on to do most of the heavy lifting where your home heating is concerned? If so, you’re certainly not alone, and you know how expensive it is to top that tank off to get ready for the long, cold winter months.
The big question though, is do you know what kind of shape your tank is in? Is it leaking? If so, it’s costing you money, in addition to the fact that the fuel leaching into the ground around the tank is creating an environmental hazard that could seriously impact your health and the health of your family.
Unfortunately, even if you’re an experienced do it yourselfer, determining the integrity of your fuel tank isn’t something most people have the skills or equipment to do. We have the experience you need and petroleum tank inspections in Fairfax county, VA are among the many services we provide.
We’ll be more than happy to come out and check the integrity of your tank before you spend your hard-earned money to top it off. It’s a simple, cost effective way to get greater peace of mind and it just makes financial sense.
While many fuel storage tanks are aboveground, a significant percentage are buried. In fact, if you’ve recently purchased an older home, you may not even be aware you’ve got one if it’s underground. We can help with that too. In fact, we’ll provide you with a free underground storage tank survey for you to determine if you have one. If we find one, we’ll be happy to perform our petroleum tank inspection on your Fairfax county, VA property for a modest additional fee.
If our inspection reveals that your tank is leaking, you’ll need to report it to the state’s Department of Environmental Quality within 24 hours, and we’ll be happy to assist you with removal and remediation for an additional fee. That process includes:
- The removal of the tank itself
- Checking for and cleaning up any signs of significant contamination
- Restoring your property to its original condition
- And representing you with all regulatory agencies until the contamination case is closed
Of course, it’s entirely possible that our petroleum tank inspection on your Fairfax county, VA property reveals that your tank is just fine. In that case, we recommend the following:
- Let us put you on an annual schedule so that your tank inspections are automatic
- Allow us to install al small monitoring pipe beside the tank
- Check your fuel filters for signs of moisture on a semi-annual basis
- Keep your fuel tank full all year round in order to reduce the risk of condensation
- Keep careful records of your fuel purchases and consumption
- And call us immediately if you start noticing any petroleum odors, either in the area of your tank or inside your home
Together, we’ll make sure your tank is, and remains in good working order, giving you and your family peace of mind and one less thing to worry about!