AOSS is used to treat wastewater in your home or commercial property. The treated wastewater is then returned to the receiving environment. They are referred to as septic systems because most include a septic tank for partial treatment. Such systems use pumps or advanced treatment with technologies that need a greater rate of operation and maintenance.
AOSS can be categorized into four main parts:
- Wastewater source
- Collection and storage
- Pretreatment components
- Advanced pretreatment
- Final treatment and dispersal components
Probably you have installed an alternative onsite sewage system (AOSS) on your property. You may now think that the installation alone is enough for the system to work correctly. However, this isn’t the case. You still need an AOSS inspection in your Manassas VA property. The inspection is necessary to ensure that your sewage system continues to function as it should.
Reasons You Should Work with Professionals When You Need an AOSS Inspection in Manassas, VA
It helps to work with licensed contractors to maintain your onsite wastewater system. Ensure that the contractors have all recommended health department permits. The Virginia Department of Health (VDH) has set operations and maintenance requirements to ensure that your Alternative Onsite Septic System (AOSS) functions appropriately.
The experts like those at SES will help you determine:
- If the sewer system enables particulate matter to settle at the bottom of the tank. This allows the large solids not to plug the drain field.
- If the effluent screen found in the system’s outlet is filtering suspended solids from the effluent appropriately.
- Whether there’s accurate gravity flow to the soil absorption field for purposes of final sewer treatment and dispersal
- If the final treatment and dispersal of wastewater take place appropriately.
All would not be complete without you confirming the licensing of the company you want to contract. It is an indication that the regulatory authorities recognize the company. Further, it shows that their practices and services comply with industry requirements. At SES, we have relevant licensing in areas like:
- Conventional and Alternative Onsite Soil Evaluation
- Conventional and Alternative On Side Sewer System Operations
- NSF Certified Septic System Inspections
- Licensed Wastewater Treatment Plant Operators.
We are also members of different associations such as the: –
- Virginia On-Site Wastewater Recycling Association
- Northern Virginia Building Industry Association
- VA Association of Professional Soil Scientists
- National On-Site Wastewater Recycling Association
Contact us Now
Do you need an AOSS inspection in Manassas, VA? SES offers a highly qualified staff of certified operators. They are trained in different aspects of alternative onsite sewage systems. Our entire team consists of knowledgeable, skilled, and expert individuals.
We aim at ensuring that your structure is functioning appropriately and operating like the environmentally friendly system it was designed to be.
Once our team is on your grounds for the inspection, you’ll realize that we’re always pleased to help homeowners find out more about their AOSS. We can also explain further how the system works.
For more information or to schedule an inspection, talk to us today via our website.