Whether it’s a traditional or alternative septic system, you need to maintain it properly to use it trouble-free for the years to come. Here’s what you need to do to ensure proper maintenance of your septic tank:
- Follow all the guidelines and instructions concerning the maintenance and operation of your septic tank, as provided by your local health department and system manufacturer.
- Carefully read through the owner’s manual. Contact the manufacturer for more information in case you don’t have one.
- Those who own a traditional septic tank, be sure to inspect and pump it regularly. However, in this case, the frequency of inspection and pumping depends on certain factors, like the tank’s capacity and the amount of wastewater produced at your home. In such cases, you can schedule your sewage system Inspection in Nokesville VA through our website.
- Since heavy water usage puts greater demands on the septic tank system, you should try to minimize water usage as much as possible at home.
- Generally, a conventional septic tank needs to be pumped at least once in 3-5 years to avoid clogging the tank’s drain field. For alternative systems, go for an annual Alternative Onsite Sewage System Inspection in Nokesville VA.
- You must also ensure contacting licensed contractors only for the maintenance of your onsite wastewater system. They will most likely have all the necessary permits from your health department.
- Keep your maintenance records in a safe place.
- Keep a tab on all the medicines your family members might be taking because certain medications have the propensity to kill bacteria thriving in your system that help in the decomposition of wastes, thus doing more damage to the system. For instance, if someone in your family is on a high dose of chemotherapy drugs or strong medications, inform your wastewater treatment professional to come to a solution.
- Reduce water usage in the household to cut down on maintenance costs and extend your septic tank system’s longevity. Use shower heads and low-flow faucets, repair any leaks as soon as you spot them, and use a front load washer. Conserving water can help reduce the load on your septic tank significantly.
- Keep a diagram showing the exact location of your septic tank system.
- If you have an alternative system, the best option is to sign up for a lifelong service contract with a reliable and trustworthy septic tank service provider, like SES Mid Atlantic.
At SES Mid Atlantic, we offer alternative onsite sewage system inspection in Nokesville VA. For more information about it, please fill out the form on our website to contact us. Someone from our team of experts will get in touch with you shortly.